Building Department

Skipping a permit in hopes of a smoother project and you could be faced with very real consequences….

Building permits are required in Linwood Township to ensure that projects are constructed according to building code and zoning regulations. If you are unsure whether your project needs a permit, contact the Township office.  Building without a permit may cost you double the permit fees or removal of the structure. Permit applications are available below.

Rum River Construction Consultants proudly serves the residents and business owners of Linwood Township as their Designated Building Official. Rum River is committed to a quality, customer service oriented approach to building official and inspection services. Administrative and inspection staff are available six days per week to assist owners and contractors with questions and site inspections. Contact us today with all of your building inspection needs. We look forward to working with you!

Permit Application Information

Permit applications and all submittals are to be provided in PDF format and sent by email to:

  1. Download the application form.
  2. Enter all information in the fill-able form, including the signature.
  3. Save the application to your computer.
  4. Click on at the top of the application.
  5. Fill in Subject Line of email.
  6. Attach your application and any supplemental information.
  7. Send to RRCC for issuance or review. Thank you

Permits generally fall into two categories:

Building Permits

Land Use Permits

Rum River (763) 331-7722
These cover most construction projects.
RUMRIVERCC.COM - Contains informational handouts for your research
Town Hall (651) 462 - 2812
Applications should be presented to the Town Clerk at the Township's office. Adobe Acrobat Reader required.
Agricultural Building **

Administrative Subdivision Application Packet 2022

Building Application **CUP and IUP Application Package
Demo Application **Driveway Application
Fire Alam & Suppression Application **Easement Vacation Application
HVAC Application *Final Plat Packet
Plumbing Application*Land Use Application (Other)
Septic Permit Application *Land Use Escrow Application
As-Built Septic permit (no fee) **Pool
Sewage Treatment operating permit **Preliminary Plat Application Packet
Shed Zoning Application *Zoning Amendment Application

Window/ Exterior Door Replacement Application *

Submit with building application for window/door project

Sign Permit Application Packet


Sketch Plan Application Packet
 Utility ROW Public Permit
* set fee permits

Variance Application Packet

** plan review permitsWetlands Issues Review Application Packet

Please call the town hall if your specific form is currently unavailable online. 

Additional Forms & Documents

Archived Permit Information

To request copies of archived building permit and septic system records, please contact Linwood Township at 651-462-2812 or email Thank you!


​Payments for all permits can be made by:

  • Mailing a check payable to Linwood Township.  *Please include the address of the project and permit number.

Linwood Township
22817 Typo Creek Drive
Stacy, MN  55079

  • Over the phone with a credit/debit card.  Please call 651-462-2812.  *Please have permit number and address of project available. 
  • In person at the Linwood Township office between 1:00 - 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday or 8:00 - 12:00 pm on Fridays (excluding holidays).

*There is a 3% convenience fee added to credit card transactions.